If you are a Canadian or Mexican citizen interested in working in the US, there are a few options to legally enter and work in the country. TN nonimmigrant classification allows, under the NAFTA agreement, a qualified individual to temporarily enter the United States to engage in professional-level business activities. While there is no one path for every foreign-trained physical therapist to work in the US, we have provided a brief overview of items that will be required for a Canadian or Mexican physiotherapist to obtain their TN visa.

*It is recommended you always consult with an immigration lawyer to ensure correct completion of the process.

If you are interested in contacting us to find out more, please click this link.

The Transition From Canadian Physio To American Physical Therapist With Pavas Jaiswal

We recently interviewed Pavas Jaiswal, a Canadian citizen who made the transition to working in the United States. He talks about the differences between the two countries, the process for coming to the states, and offers some advice to other Canadian physios who might be thinking about making a similar switch. Hear his story here .